cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi signal dropping

Aimee85
Joining in

Having constant drop of signal in certain rooms in house upgraded to the 66pound one due to amount of appliances this made no difference called again ordered a booster but still yet to receive and this was ages ago a technician came checked all connection was fine changed hub and still no better constant black spots in rooms and still no booster that I ordered.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Aimee85

Thanks for posting - sorry to hear of this. If we've not sent you the Pod, you'd not be charged for it. If you'd like me to order this for you, drop me a PM and I'll be more than happy to assist. However, firstly, downloaded the Virgin Media Connect app - virg.in/connectapp - then when downloaded and installed, do a WiFi scan in the property and if a Pod is needed, let us know.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

g0akc
Problem sorter

@Aimee85 wrote:

Having constant drop of signal in certain rooms in house upgraded to the 66pound one due to amount of appliances this made no difference called again ordered a booster but still yet to receive and this was ages ago a technician came checked all connection was fine changed hub and still no better constant black spots in rooms and still no booster that I ordered.

Paying for a speed increase was very unlikely to help with coverage around the house.  Sounds like you were mis-sold that upgrade.  The 'number of devices' thing is often being misused.

Is the booster you've ordered 'free' as part of your package (usually only certain packages like the top priced ones) or are they going to charge you each month for it?

If you have to pay you may be better to get your own mesh system instead.

If you still want to try and get the booster from VM see if a forum rep responds here and can chase the order for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Hi yes they told me I would be better off upgrading due to devices in house so I have been Mis sold which I’m now not happy about either and yes charging me £5 a month but not received it.

g0akc
Problem sorter

@Aimee85 wrote:

Hi yes they told me I would be better off upgrading due to devices in house so I have been Mis sold which I’m now not happy about either and yes charging me £5 a month but not received it.

Look at getting a mesh system like the Deco M5

Go back to original speed package and cancel the pod rental 

that’s what I’d do in your position 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Where do you get them? 

g0akc
Problem sorter

@Aimee85 wrote:

Where do you get them? 

Loads of shops - Argos, Currys, Screwfix Toolstation, Robert Dyas, Amazon and so on.  Do a web search.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Aimee85

Thanks for posting - sorry to hear of this. If we've not sent you the Pod, you'd not be charged for it. If you'd like me to order this for you, drop me a PM and I'll be more than happy to assist. However, firstly, downloaded the Virgin Media Connect app - virg.in/connectapp - then when downloaded and installed, do a WiFi scan in the property and if a Pod is needed, let us know.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Yes I need one have been told again one will be sent but I don’t believe for one minute as everyone I speak to on phone says one will be sent for me to ring again and be told nothing noted nothing sent I’m sick of the poor service.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Aimee85,

Thank you for your response. I'm sorry that you've not been sent a WiFi Pod yet. We'll do our best to help. 

Have you been able to go through the Connect App as my colleague advised to see if you can order your WiFi Pod through there? Let me know how you get on and if you need more help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs