Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wi-Fi signal available but no internet access on iPhone

In the past few days my iPhone shows good signal strength and Wi-Fi on but my browsers don’t works and news apps and even WhatsApp keeps buffering with no success. I tried calling Virgin Media and waited 54 minutes to get connected and then got connected to a call centre in India who didn’t really help. I’m fed up and can’t communicate on Wi-Fi nor can I browse on my iPhone 10x.....please help! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wi-Fi signal available but no internet access on iPhone

What are wired connections like?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wired connections seem ok....at least for the TV and Chromecast. And currently, thank goodness, on this my iPad. But my iPhone is not connecting at all.....it shows full signal strength but YouTube, WhatsApp and other apps like my news apps are all not working. It’s driving me ballistic! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Disconnect from the iPhone then reconnect again 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I tried putting it on airplane mode for a minute and back on again and it worked! Thank you! Any idea what happened to make it go funny?!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No idea. Mine does it every now and then where it shows it’s connected but browsing and loading things like Facebook and YouTube videos doesn’t work.

But I can run a Speedtest and it reports good speeds...

I literally just have to click the Wi-Fi button off then on then all is restored again. 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My internet access is still intermittent and my devices keep going onto 4G all the time until I put them onto airplane mode and internet access returns for a while. It’s really annoying and p&£#@*s me off! I’m actively looking for changing broadband provider. I have had no response from anyone in Virgin Media and I’m getting to the end of my tether.....sick and tired of this!

0 Kudos