Menu
M1KEY1958
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wi Fi rubbish in bedrooms 12ft away from router

Hi All, I'm new to VIRGIN MEDIA we are not getting hardly any wi fi signals on my 2 x  sons iphones and ipads and the wifi on the xbox i've scanned the bedrooms for speed and its rubbish i heard we could get mains wifi adapters ? how do i go about doing this please? 

We are all gamers and moved to virgin for your speed from talktalk, we never had a issue with talktalks routers on wifi plus my sons need wifi in there rooms for colledge.

could anybody help me please or advise me what to dowe are on your big Oomph bundle M200.

thanks in advance.

mike1958

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wi Fi rubbish in bedrooms 12ft away from router

If you are gamers it’s no contest. You should run Ethernet cable back to the VM hub, WiFi is useless for gaming. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
M1KEY1958
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wi Fi rubbish in bedrooms 12ft away from router

hi, we are all conected to the playstation 4 and 5 and my other lad is on play station 4 all wired into the virgin router, but the wifi is not very good i thought with virgin been a big internet company they would have a good router but looking more on this fourum its not so customers should not have to buy routers to get the wifi speed we need i run wired into the router on my gaming pc, great speeds yes but its not wi fi which my sons wanted on there iphones, so ive got to try and get round it. 

m1key1958

0 Kudos