cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi pods - failed orders

hus
Tuning in

On several occasions I have called virgin media to order a wifi pod, to then be told exactly what I want to hear that the tracking details will be emailed to me within 4 hours. And the pods should be delivered within 72 hours. Every time I call (4times now) the agent has successfully ordered me a new Wi-Fi pod. The question is where are they going ? I have received none. My Wi-Fi connection through out the house is horrible, I got upgraded to 1Gig on false pretext that I can have 3 Wi-Fi pods to spread the connection all over the house.

So I’m paying top dollar for lies and deceit. So not happy. I don’t know if this would be ombudsman issue too. As I’ve raised 2 complaints and ordered 4 times in the past 2 months and received nothing back not even an email to acknowledge the complaints. 

10 REPLIES 10

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @hus, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you  have not had the pods have not been sent to you as advised. I can certainly understand the frustration with this.

I will be more than happy to help locate these pods as well as check for updates on your complaint. To do this I will send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan, any luck finding information about my Wi-Fi pod orders or complaints 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Look in your PM dark blue envelope - top right of the forum board

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Morpheus999
Joining in

Hi, did you have any luck receiving the pods. I ask simply because I’ve received the same offer of 3 pods when upgrading to 1gb Broadband and got a hub 5 delivered straight away but no sign of pods or follow up info.

I’ve since read there issues with hub 5 and pods not working together and wonder if that’s coincidence?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Morpheus999 

The pods do work with the hub 5.

The "offer of three pods" was perhaps missold.

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max  details, what the pods are and how you go about requesting them.

As per that page, "If you are on our Gig1 Fibre Broadband, Volt or Ultimate Oomph packages, you get our superstrong WiFi guarantee included at no extra cost and (if needed) up to 3 WiFi Pods on us."

You can order online via My Virgin Media or through the Connect app

You can also call the direct number 0800 064 3850 to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

They are free if you are on the Gig1 package, or Ultimate Oomph, or on a Volt bundle, however for customers on any other package then they £8  a month.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for taking time to reply. I’ll follow up as you suggested.

Honestly nothing but empty promises have been delivered. No sign of pods or confirmation of delivery of pods…. Such disappointment.

so quick to sign me up to a more expensive package as well. 

Nathan a VM person has said it’s been ordered for me again. So I’ll keep this post updated on the progress. Fingers crossed. 

"Honestly nothing but empty promises have been delivered."

I agree Hus.

Virgin Media have a multitude of ways to obstruct, delay and stall on the delivery of Products and Customer Service.

So Nathan has been a star and managed to order me a Wi-Fi pod. Should be with me in 2 days. Happy days.