cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi pods as part of volt package

Eileens59
Tuning in

Hi an engineer that came to my house today told me I am entitled to Wi-Fi pods to strengthen the signal in some rooms of the house. Can someone tell me how I go about getting these? I used the VM connect app and my speed was showing as 14mbps in a bedroom across from where the hub is located

2 REPLIES 2

g0akc
Problem sorter

Have a look at Wifi Max - here 

Why did they seem to think you were 'entitled' to the Pods?  I gather they are only free if you are on a qualifying package such as 1Gig - see the link I provided above.  Otherwise you would need to pay £8 per month.

It can be better to take out an O2 SIM card to get the Volt benefits and qualify that way, rather then pay the £8/M - at least you get an extra mobile line that way.  It may be better to buy your own kit rather than rent.

If you have a qualifying package you can usually use the Connect app to check speeds around the house and order them if speeds are below the threshold.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Eileens59 

Thanks for reaching out to us. We can certainly assist you with pods and signal issues, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina