cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi pod - made no difference

Oakley22
Joining in

Hi I have a Wi-Fi pod plugged into my daughters bedroom and it hasn’t made any difference, do I need more then one?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Hero

If your daughters room is where you wish to have better coverage the pod should be located about half way from her room to the Hub.

Her room is basically a dead zone for internet so I put it in her room but I’ll try that, thanks.

The pod is a radio relay.  It need to be in a position where is gets a decent signal to re-broadcast further into the home.

If the pod in a dead zone it also can't hear the Hub's WiFi so can't work as intended and often makes matters even worse.

Any suggestions as to what I can do?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pods should always be placed as near as possible mid way between the VM hub and the target machine. If they are in the same location as the target they will just be getting the same strength WiFi signal as the target machine and retransmit a low level signal.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2