cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi pod frustration

adamashby
Tuning in

New to VM and therefore new to this forum. 
i don’t think I have ever experienced the frustration I am now feeling - all I need is a couple of Wi-Fi pods. 
like others on here I expected the installer to have at least one with him. 
I have been all round the houses trying to get to the point of ordering - almost got there this morning but the agent dropped the chat before I could get the screen shot that was requested. 
i tried calling at the weekend, twice. Decided to accept the advice that replying to a text message would be quicker. No text message until I prompted this morning. 
went through loads of questions until the bot decided I would be better off using the app chat feature. 
Same list of mostly irrelevant questions before that bot decided that WhatsApp would definitely sort me out. 
seemed promising until it was dropped. 
now nothing. 

called the 0800 number that was referred to in one of the faqs - no joy. 

interesting that there is a 14 day coming of period after installation - I am definitely cooling. 

any agents in here like to help me out before I cancel my order?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Serious suggestion, buy your own Wi-Fi repeaters or Mesh.  

At least that way if the VM Hub is replaced or the ISP is changed the devices can quickly be reconfigured and brought back into service.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you eligible for "free" Pods?

That is on a 1GB or Volt package ?

This is the recommended process....

VM Wifi is now “guaranteed” to 30 Mbps/room it’s now called… Wifi Max
See if anything in here helps….

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

You call 0800 064 3850 to order the first one after scanning for blackspots using the connect App.- or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you. If you do call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible - you are - it is clearly stated on the webpage.

If not free to you… you will be charged £8/month for up to 3 pods (note - BT charge £10/mo for their whole home wifi solution). It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever, although the VM Pods should be a simpler option.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Client62
Legend

Serious suggestion, buy your own Wi-Fi repeaters or Mesh.  

At least that way if the VM Hub is replaced or the ISP is changed the devices can quickly be reconfigured and brought back into service.

adamashby
Tuning in

Finally got through on Monday, promised a single pod. Heard nothing since. 

Yes. 250 Volt package. 
promised a pod but no confirmation email or notification to pick up. 
customer service is shocking

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, adamashby.
Thank you for joining our help forums recently and for posting here.

We're sorry to hear of this Pod order issue, we'd love to see how we can help with those.
Could you please advise if any orders show here on your account currently?

Also, was the order placed over a call and did we provide a timeframe for this to be processed and delivered to you?

Lastly, did you scan your Wi Fi in the house via our Connect App and do you get speeds slower than 30mbps on the wireless or disconnections/drop outs?

Let us know more and we can assist further.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs