Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Wi-Fi outage in early hours

Over last few weeks I have been doing speed tests on my Virgin Wi-Fi as unable to access internet  via wi-fi particularly in the early hours no wi-fi available regularly at 4, 5 or 6 AM as i need to do work and stream media etc in early hours I have a medical condition that keeps me awake at night so lack of wifi is the only form of work and entertainment I have

. I get the usual thing of work going on in your area (for weeks now on and off) ?. I see quite a few people are getting this also  is it widespread? .

more recently had errors of IP address not found and reboot of router does not seem to cure. I am not to of-fay with changing settings on my router so has anyone got any simple ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wi-Fi outage in early hours

To see if they are really due to VM stopping your access to their network at those times and its not due to some external interference to your wifi signals, set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts.
It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM about these disconnects.
Note that it will take an hour or two to start seeing a sensible picture building up (Make sure you uncheck the “ignore ping from WAN side” box in the settings if you only see a wall of "red")

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.