cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi Fi keeps disconnecting randomly

Stuart8888
Tuning in

Hi my Wi Fi keeps disconnecting randomly it started yesterday October 30th between 5-6pm I live in the Glasgow drumchapel area it's my Android iPad that gets randomly disconnecting of Wi fi I have tried resetting the Wi Fi on iPad and also switched off my hub 3.0 for 30mins and taking out the power wire at back and reconnecting it but I still lose Wi Fi randomly I'm having no other problems just randomly losing Wi Fi connection.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We've been having the same issue in north London, which affects not only our residence but all our neighbours too (we have a Whatsapp group where everybody has been complaining). The connection is extremely unstable, with service up and down all day every day for 2 weeks, and very often it simply goes down completely for a long time. We and other neighbours have been contacting Virgin through all possible channels to get this sorted, but we all hear different excuses: refuse to acknowledge the problem, attempt to shift the fault to something else, promise a technician will show up (then they don't), promise it will be sorted by X date and time (then it's not) and, more often, just a complete inability to even register a complaint. There are over 30 houses on the road suffering the same problem for several days and we don't know what else to do. Many of us work from home and have been spending an absurd amount of money on new data sims to temporarily replace Virgin, or buying extra data to use on mobiles as hotspots. This is not fair nor acceptable and we've had enough.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

49 REPLIES 49

Stuart8888
Tuning in
Still getting random Wi Fi disconnects.

Stuart8888
Tuning in
Still getting random Wi Fi disconnects.

No change Wi Fi still disconnects randomly.

Hi there can I book an appointment for an engineer to come out as the Wi Fi still keeps disconnecting randomly because it isn't getting any better please.

We've been having the same issue in north London, which affects not only our residence but all our neighbours too (we have a Whatsapp group where everybody has been complaining). The connection is extremely unstable, with service up and down all day every day for 2 weeks, and very often it simply goes down completely for a long time. We and other neighbours have been contacting Virgin through all possible channels to get this sorted, but we all hear different excuses: refuse to acknowledge the problem, attempt to shift the fault to something else, promise a technician will show up (then they don't), promise it will be sorted by X date and time (then it's not) and, more often, just a complete inability to even register a complaint. There are over 30 houses on the road suffering the same problem for several days and we don't know what else to do. Many of us work from home and have been spending an absurd amount of money on new data sims to temporarily replace Virgin, or buying extra data to use on mobiles as hotspots. This is not fair nor acceptable and we've had enough.

Still no change my Android iPad still is disconnecting randomly it's happened multiple times today.

The random wi fi disconnects have been worse today than any other day can I please book an engineer to come out and help please.

Got virgin media connect to test WiFi n hub eventhough says I'm good I'm still getting randomly disconnected I've tried resetting the hub 3 times now but nothing is working.

nox808
Dialled in

Same issue. Started after the "free" speed upgrade