cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi down again

BryanP1
Tuning in

Asking for help required 

My Wi-Fi was down from 10 am till 11 pm11 last Tuesday when it was fixed but I have no idea what the fix was

it went down at 10 today so I rebooted with no success, discovered that the 2.4ghz is working but the 5 ghz is not, factory reset which allowed me to change factory passwords but almost immediately the 5 ghz went down again

I’ve checked the 0800 number no line problems reported, phoned 150 but got fed up listening to the music

Any suggestions welcome

Been with Virgin since the old NTL days and never known it to be so bad currently have a hub 5

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are quite a few posts on here documenting this issue on the Hub5  - just do a search and see if them offer any solutions that work.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BryanP1 👋,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry for any issues you have been experiencing with the service. 

I have taken a look into this and can see there is currently a Signal to Noise Ratio outage impacting your area.

As a result, you might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then.

This has been raised under Fault Reference F010889731 and the estimated time of fix is 22 AUG 2023 09:00.

We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Client62
Legend

Welcome to the Hub 5 in Router mode it is very unreliable.

Many thanks for your reply 

My Wi-Fi was down for 11 hrs last Tuesday and for 16 hrs last Friday 

what really annoyed me that I couldn’t find an answer to what the problem was until you response and so I thank you for it because now I know that hopefully 🙏 If it goes down again a fix will be forthcoming 

Client62
Legend

Hub 5 is a good modem, with a 3rd Wi-Fi Party Router / Mesh it is very capable of stable service. 

But Hub 5 in Router mode is not an option I'd consider for even 1 hour, this forum is littered Hub 5 users reporting failures of the Wi-Fi / DHCP / DNS / Port Forwarding.