cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi connection

646michellec
Joining in

Joined Virgin back in February and I wish I had never had left plus net , since joining we can no longer use Alexa in the kitchen, or bedroom, the Alexa in the conservatory drops in and out. More often than not I just use the data on my phone rather than the Wi-Fi as it’s easier. 
can anyone recommend any thing to help 

thank you 

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Hero

To solve coverage issues in a family sized house added 2 WiFi access points.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @646michellec thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of your problems with your WiFi connection.

If you're interested in the WiFi Max package which is where you can order WiFi Pods, you can find more information on it here.

Depending on what bundle you're on, you could be eligible for them free of charge! If you're on a Volt or 1GB bundle then you would be eligible, otherwise it's £8 per month for the product of WiFi Max.

Generally, you can order them through the Connect App here.

When you run scans through house, if the App detects blackspots then you'll be able to place an order if you require.

If you need any further help, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom

we are on the M350 fibre broadband plan 

I struggle to get a Wi-Fi signal in 3 rooms out of 5 

Wi-Fi signal is averaging 12-15 gb 

do I need to purchase a Wi-Fi extender 

thanks Michelle 

Do you still have the Plusnet hub?  Which one was it?  It can likely be used as a WiFi access point.  I can provide details if needed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Hi 646michellec, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and confirming the package you're on. As you're on the M350, there would be a charge of £8 per month to add on the WiFi Max service. You can view more on the service, here

As you are having continued issues with your WiFi network, I have checked our systems and I can see all is looking well with the Hub in terms of power and signal levels, uptime and time outs. There are no faults open i your area that may be affecting you either. 

There are so many things that can influence a WiFi connection some of which include but are not limited to, a fish tank being in the same room, walls being built with concrete instead of brick, it could even be that your next door neighbours router is interfering with yours. Due to this, we are only able to offer limited help. Please have a look here 👉 WiFi Help.

The Hub's location could also be causing the coverage problem so we do need to check the positioning of it. Can you please ensure the following: 

Out in the open

Next to the TV not behind it

Away from large bodies of water (e.g. fish tanks)

Away from baby monitors and cordless phones

Think of the Hub as a radio, and WiFi as the sound - the further away you are from the radio, or the more obstacles that are in the way (walls, electronic devices etc.), the quieter the radio & the poorer the WiFi. 

If that doesn't help, you can download our Connect App which will allow you to scan areas of your home and will offer help. If a pod could help it will prompt you to order a pod directly through the app. You can view more information on that here.

Please keep us posted on how you get on. 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs