cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi & Pod is flashing

neoanderson
Dialled in

My internet is constantly dropping connections for a few weeks now, and progressively getting worse! The Pod lights keep flashing white, blue etc. The engineer came today and replaced the router. Worked for a few hours then kept dropping the connection. I work from home and the 500mb just doesn’t get much faster than 20mb through the day, although  seen it hot over 500mb on Wi-Fi. I’ve spoken in the phone, the online chat, Twitter etc and not getting anywhere. They said the forums should be able to fix it! The connect app is struggling to find the hub! Help!

2A063660-33DB-4DDC-9AC0-5306C7B975D8.png

• 47560591-EE00-4F0C-B592-F8DA6E417831.png

47DFC18F-3186-42A0-9581-53DC4D57B77B.jpeg

28 REPLIES 28

If the pods are flashing any colour after 20-30 mins then they are not working. If they find and connect to the hub then the pods led turns off.

Plug a pod in directly next to the hub and try it. If it still flashing after 20 mins i'd say the pods are not on VM system or faulty.

They do connect and the lights go off after a while. However, I've had them a while and when I'm struggling with speed and Wi-Fi issues the lights also start flashing on the Pods! I assume these two things are connected. The virgin app advises that I should reset the Wi-Fi chip. The first Pod is about 2 metres from the Pod with nothing blocking it in between. Do you think the Pods are faulty?

Hi there @neoanderson

So sorry to see you are facing this issue and thank you for popping back to us. 

Just to check, have you been able to run the troubleshoot steps for the pods listed online here

Thank you.

The Pod lights only flash when the internet is off

Why are you turning the internet off? Do you turn the hub off over night?

Nope, the Hub is on, but when the green Wi-Fi light is flashing, so are the Pods, and I'm unable to access the internet. It usually stops after a while. It just seems to be occurring more often. It's been like this for the last few weeks.

I'm not sure if the following "no ranging message has anything to do with the disconnections! The Hub & Pods are never switched off.

Network Log

Time Priority Description

03/08/2022 12:13:10criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
03/08/2022 08:42:38Warning!Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
02/08/2022 12:53:53criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Maybe this explains the disconnections -

neoanderson_0-1659534236690.png

Thank you for keeping us updated neoanderson.

I have taken a look on our side and I can see that you have a engineer booked in to investigate this. 

Please do let us know how the visit goes. 

^Martin

The engineer checked the wiring in the street about 2 weeks ago, it’s probably around 30 years old, as it’s the original Telewest. He also replaced the Hub3, however, we’re getting constant drops. I have a SamKnows device connected directly. The Three Wi-Fi pods lights start flashing now and again. The lights do eventually go off. I’m not sure what else the engineer can do, apart from put a meter on and check the wiring. Any thoughts would be appreciated in advance of the visit?

Thanks for coming back to us @neoanderson, I have looked into this and can see that you have another technician visit booked in soon to try and get this resolved.

Please do let us know how the visit goes.

Regards,

Steven_L