cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Pod Delivery

kwscott
Joining in

I had Virgin broadband (1 Gig package) installed at home on 13 May. It was immediately obvious that the Wi-Fi coverage was not sufficient to cover the whole of our home but we gave it a couple of days to settle. With no reception still in almost half the house I went through the torturous process of trying to order a single (because that is all that is allowed at any one time) Wi-Fi pod, which was eventually confirmed as being due for delivery on 18 May. It is now 28 May and it has still not been delivered so we still are all stuck to working from home and/or listening to the kids fighting over who can use what limited space we have for ‘gaming’, etc in either our living room or kitchen. This, added to the pig’s ear of a wiring box installation that that been clamped in the most unsightly (and not where we agreed) location at our front door, has made our introduction to the Virgin ‘customer experience’ deeply unpleasant. We’ve been with both Sky and BT before and this is by far the worst experience we’ve had - by a country mile - which is really saying something! Is this really what we now have to live with or should we just cut and run back to another provider??

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Free Pods are the VM solution.  If they work for you...  great if not then invest in your own wifi solution.

You would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2,3).

£30-100 (that’s ~4->12 months of Max Pod rental if not free on your package) and should sort it for most customers with an average property size and usage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @kwscott 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this experience, I would be more than happy to take a look for you via a Private Message.

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.