Menu
scrattons
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wi-Fi Boosters

I'm a new VM customer, need the extra bandwidth, working for the NHS I'm doing lots of Teams calls from home, i'm setup in my kitchen and the signal is Poor, with Teams breaking up, which I cannot afford to happen, how do i get a boosters?,

I've been trying contact VM all day but saying busy try later is there an alternative number other than 150, I need this sorted asap.

Not a great start with VM 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wi-Fi Boosters

VM now supply “wifi pods” (not “boosters”). These are free to customers on the 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages, and so are worth trying.

Otherwise you will be charged £5/month - and at that level of investment you would soon pay off the cost of buying a "better" solution that will be yours to own and use forever.

Teams etc will always work better if you can connect on an ethernet cable - could you do that?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
scrattons
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, so you are charged for the boosters?
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am not charged anything as I dont use them - I always use my own superior quality equipment 🙂

See my previous reply to see if you would incur the charge

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos