Menu
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Why is the wifi app totally useless?

I've tried ordering the Powerline extenders numerous times via the app and phone and messaging but the response from Virgin has been disgusting. Customer service is non-existent regardless of Covid, this started before the pandemic. I'm looking at installing a mesh system or transferring to BT solely because of the reviews of their Wifi system and I've been a full package Virgin/Telewest customer for around 20 years.

We are now working from home so wifi is critcal. As a last throw of the dice before seeking professional technical advice is there any option to extend wifi via either our TiVo or Vbox?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is the wifi app totally useless?

If you are not on the 1Gbs / Hub 4 contract the rental money for the Booster[s] would be better spent on a Gigabit capable Router or Mesh System.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is the wifi app totally useless?

Using a wired connection is more stable than a wireless connection.

That being said a better router or mesh system will be 100 times better than boosters. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos