Menu
Davidwarnerus08
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Why is my wifi router not working?

Resetting your router can fix a myriad of issues, and an inability to connect is one of them. Press the reset button on the back of the router with a paperclip for 30 seconds, and the router should default to factory settings. ... If that's no use, you may need to consider buying a new router.

Routerlogin

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is my wifi router not working?

Which router is it?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is my wifi router not working?

Try the reset again like this...
With the Hub switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections (leave the co-ax connected) and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail/SIM tray “tool” or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT manually restart the Hub at any time. Leave it 10' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub
See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos