cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my router blue

Mr_PNO
Joining in

Hello

Can you tell me why my Virgin Media hub keeps stop work on the WI-FI drops all devices.

Drops some device on cable as a red light on it.

Also when I login to the hub it's blue and I get more setting why? And it's say UPC in top left.

I'll upload the photos.

Screenshot_20230429_231951_Firefox.png

Screenshot_20230429_232019_Firefox.png

4 REPLIES 4

g0akc
Problem sorter

so it's like in this thread here ?

try a factory reset (pinhole button press for 60 seconds)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Mr_PNO
Joining in

Oh sorry I should have put before I posted the last message. I already have done a factory reset. It's still blue and drops all WI-FI connections at 11:00 p.m. until the following morning at 8:00 p.m. there's also includes network connections on cables.

g0akc
Problem sorter

If a factory reset doesn't resolve it I guess you need a replacement hub - ring VM or wait for a forum rep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Mr_PNO 

I see you've already tried a factory reset, but please try the following method exactly as typed.

Disconnect all ethernet cables from the Hub.
With the Hub powered on use a paperclip, or a mobile sim slot tool  and perform a pinhole reset by keeping it pressed in for a timed 60 seconds
DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 8 to 10 minutes to boot up and settle down.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali