Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why is my internet fine for 6 months then awful?

Ever since we changed hubs, our internet has been fine for 6 months (approx), then it’ll start going down randomly - it’ll get more often and for longer until we end up getting someone out.

They’ll come and fiddle with things, then the cycle starts again.

This has been happening for years now.  Is there a reason this would happen? It’s odd it coincided with the hub change.  Internet was close to faultless before then. Could be a coincidence though. 

It’s now been down all evening, right on bonfire night where we wanted to stream white noise for the dogs. Haven’t been able to get through on the phone for over an hour. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is my internet fine for 6 months then awful?

What’s down exactly? WiFi? Wired? The entire connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It’s the entire connection. The router is pretending to do stuff (solid green light, green flashing arrows). Been like this since about 7pm now. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What does the service status page say?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It says ‘no known issues’ for broadband. ‘We know of an issue’ for tv. I don’t have the tv though. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey whjwhjw,

Many apologies for our delayed response from here and for the broadband issues you've been having, I can appreciate it must have been frustrating when you weren't able to speak with our team about this.

Sadly I've not been able to locate your account from the information provided via your forum profile, so have been unable to check your services, so can you please let me know how things are and if you are still seeking help? 

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos