Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why is Virgin so TERRIBLE! The internet is a ripoff!

So I've been signed up to Virgin Media for years! I recent;y (about 4 months ago) upgraded to their 1gb internet. Great I thought this will be brilliant! 

How wrong was I! Since I've upgraded its been terrible. I'm barely getting 200mb let alone 1gb oh and also for some reason this AMAZING Hub 4 likes to literally **bleep** the bed. Random points throughout the day (mainly evenings though) it will kick EVERYTHING of the wifi. The only way round this is to disconnect and reconnect all the devices. So I've come on here to try and get some help. There chat service is next to useless. I've been trying to get this fixed since it went in. The chat was so useless yet you can not find a phone number on their site. So off to Google I go. I find the number. 40 MINUTES LATER! I get someone that I can barely understand and who can barely understand me! Who then tells me she needs to connect me to someone more technical. ( I explain to her I've done all the normal stuff. Reset the router etc.) She puts me through to someone. Who says oh we will have to test your line. If there is a fault we will let you know in 24 hours. That was 3 days ago. So I am guessing no fault but guess what tonight its done it 4 times in 30 minutes. 

I am so livid with them I keep telling them to just send me a new router I'll send the old one back. But they wont all the time I am paying for such substandard services. 

Someone Monday morning is going to get an earful! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is Virgin so TERRIBLE! The internet is a ripoff!

0800 064 3836
0800 052 4570

All is Calm
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You'll never get 1GB over wifi.

What speeds do you get with a wired connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just to clarify you can get over 1gb on wifi so long as you have the correct equipment.

Secondly I sorted the issue by going out and buying a new router. I put the hub4 in modem mode and it has been fine and stable ever since, not one problem. The fact I've been fighting Virgin with this form months and the fact I've told them numerous times that the hub4 is a pile of sh*t obviously means nothing. Every time I speak to someone "We will call you back after we've done some tests" yet I get nothing. Well lets see what they say to the complaint I've raised.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@ChrisHaley81 wrote:
Just to clarify you can get over 1gb on wifi so long as you have the correct equipment.

So get the right equipment VM clearly don't so use the hub in modem mode. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Where do Virgin promise that you'll get 1Gb over WiFi with their Hub4 ?  I've never seem that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@ChrisHaley81 wrote:

Well no.

The Hub4 only has 10/100/1000Mbps ports so you’ll max out at around 920-940Mbps. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I love how it takes you 40 minutes to find the virgin media support number in google when typing just that gives it you in about 5 seconds.

At least you've sorted your problem though. 

0 Kudos