Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why is Virgin customer service so appalling?

I've spent two days with intermittent or no broadband. I've tried phoning but cannot get through - 2nd time I held on for 35 minutes. No indication of how long I might have to wait - useless.

Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is Virgin customer service so appalling?

@RichardWest wrote:

I've spent two days with intermittent or no broadband. I've tried phoning but cannot get through - 2nd time I held on for 35 minutes. No indication of how long I might have to wait - useless.

Busy unfortunately.

Try at 8am when the lines open.

Try texting on 07533051809.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why is Virgin customer service so appalling busy?

Fixed.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

While waiting...

Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- As said - the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through quickly, although I got through recently in 20' at ~1pm midweek.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up as soon as they see it and be able to help in a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi RichardWest, 

Very sorry for the issues you've been having and for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been very busy lately. 

I've had a little look into the back end of things and can see a few errors, but I can also see the hub has been up some time. 

If you're still having these issues please can you reboot and let me know when this has been done so I can run some further checks? 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for replying.

The problem was I had no internet for one day and intermittent (and useless to work by) on a second day. I tried to report the issue but it was impossible to get through. I wanted compensation for the loss of service but there seems to be no way to do this without talking to a person which I could not do.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

With virginmedia compensation is for full lose of service after 2 full days have a look at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

Basically means if service is lost on a Monday at midday then compensation would only be paid from Thursday onwards.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks