Menu
Suzannemccann77
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Why does my tv keep pixelating when accessing tv through virgin media ?

Why does my tv keep pixelating when watching tv via virgin media ? It does not happpen when I watch tv on Netflix , Amazon etc . It only happens when watching tv using virgin media . Engineer came out Saturday and replaced ‘faulty’ cables however it still continues . Our internet speeds when using virgin WiFi range from brilliance to zero in seconds and this pattern happens every day . We are SO fed up with poor internet speeds ( although we are supposedly on the fastest package ) and can’t even watch tv !!!! Can anyone help as we just get fobbed off by virgin and their engineers .....

0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why does my tv keep pixelating when accessing tv through virgin media ?

@Suzannemccann77 wrote:

Why does my tv keep pixelating when watching tv via virgin media ? It does not happpen when I watch tv on Netflix , Amazon etc . It only happens when watching tv using virgin media . Engineer came out Saturday and replaced ‘faulty’ cables however it still continues . Our internet speeds when using virgin WiFi range from brilliance to zero in seconds and this pattern happens every day . We are SO fed up with poor internet speeds ( although we are supposedly on the fastest package ) and can’t even watch tv !!!! Can anyone help as we just get fobbed off by virgin and their engineers .....

I find your post confusing - you say you don't get problems when watching Netflix or Amazon but  your WiFi speed/range keeps going.  Can you break this down into the separate issues you're facing.

How is the TV connected? 

You have TV and Broadband from VM?  Which box? 

Are you watching Netflix/Amazon using the Virgin box or direct on the TVs own app?

The Virgin Media TV issues are likely best dealt with in the appropriate forum.

Then you have issues with Wi-Fi with other devices?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
Suzannemccann77
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why does my tv keep pixelating when accessing tv through virgin media ?

Hi there , we watch Netflix and Amazon through our smart tv ( not virgin media) and we get no pixelation at all but as soon as we switch to virgin media ( we have a TiVo box) the pixelation occurs . It feels like there is a problem with the underground cables as engineers have checked connections inside property? 

0 Kudos