cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't a serious problem be escalated?

CockneyMackem
Joining in

Absolutely disgusted with the level of service I'm getting. Broadband has been faulty for months, couldn't get anyone to do anything. Finally got an engineer visit, useless. Had to get another engineer in two weeks later. Finally established the problem is faulty cabling outside the house due to poor installation by Virgin and inadequate repairs. Sent a third party to fix it, they screwed it up. But no one at Virgin can call that team to come back and fix it, got to wait 5 days for another bloody engineer. Can they address the cabling or will I have to wait for another visit by those clowns at a later date? I don't know. Spent hours being messed around on hold yesterday. Now got no broadband at all.

I've raised a complaint with Ofcom and I'm investigating alternative providers. But what I really want is my service fixed.

2 REPLIES 2

g0akc
Problem sorter

@CockneyMackem wrote:

Now got no broadband at all.

I've raised a complaint with Ofcom and I'm investigating alternative providers. But what I really want is my service fixed.

Ofcom are unlikely to deal with any complaint from individual customers (they will fob you off/not get involved). They do track the overall number of complaints, but that data is complied by the providers themselves.

• Raise a complaint into Virgin Media - but this take a long time to progress
  • Process a CISAS (CEDR) complaint setting our what you want - service fixed, compensation, allowed to leave without penalty etc. 

A forum team member may pick this up and escalate to a local field manager or whatever.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @CockneyMackem

Thank you for your post and welcome to forums 😊

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with us regarding your installation and our trying to fix this.

Have you had a complaint open with us? 

Zoie