cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Am I Paying More Than New Starters?

PaulVI
Tuning in

Hi.

Why are new starters getting a much better deal than me?

IMG_0407.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PaulVI, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the price which you are paying and we would ask that you contact the customer retention team on 0345 454 1111 options 1, 4 and 4, so that we can ensure that you are on the best possible deal. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Simple, VM wants to attract new business so gives new customers preferential pricing.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PaulVI wrote:

Hi.

Why are new starters getting a much better deal than me?

IMG_0407.jpeg

VM offer these new deals at less than cost to attract new custom, so don't expect to get them as an existing customer. If you did VM wouldn't be around for very long.

The providers that are offering new customer deals to existing customers have ramped up their pricing all round to avoid making losses.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

carl_pearce
Community elder

Because you aren't a new starter.

That's business!

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PaulVI, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the price which you are paying and we would ask that you contact the customer retention team on 0345 454 1111 options 1, 4 and 4, so that we can ensure that you are on the best possible deal. 

Kind regards, Chris.