cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cable should i use for my homehub4?

thestraycat
On our wavelength

Hi guys, 

Trying to work out which cable to send back and which one to keep.

tl;dr:

Can i use my old virgin media cable that has the ASH-GISX101-VM01 supressor with my new virgin media cable with the built in supressor to connect my homehub4? (so two supressors in-line)

Or should i use my old screw end cable with no supressor on it to connect to the old cabling coming in to the house that has the ASH-GISX101-VM01 supressor on it?

Background:

I had an engineer install virgin media broadband (M350) in the loft years ago and he never installed a wall box for some reason just ran a cable and terminated with a connector. No idea why unless it was just not that feasible to mount on breese block.

I have recently come back to virgin media and have been sent the homehub4 (old one was the homehub3) just installed the new cable from the package but noticed it has a supressor on it which would mean if i install it i'll have 2 of these noise suppression bulges in-line together will this cause issues? 

I do still have an old cable which was just a standard screw fit cable with no supressor which i could use?

The new supressor cable is a sealed unit from what i can see and so i cant check it. The old unit  attached to my outdoor cable to the road has a plastic snap on case so ive opened the case to check the part number which is:

ASH-GISX101-VM01  (5-1700Mhz)

Can someone advise? 

New Kit with new cable

vm3.jpg

Black cable is coming from outside, white cable is the new cable from the homehub4 kit.

both currently installedboth currently installed

I could however swap the new homehub4 cable over to this cable the engineer installed years ago for the homehub3:

vm2.png

Can someone advise? For what it matters my BQM on this connection looks fine...

thestraycat_1-1674316717114.png

2 REPLIES 2

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As long as you have at least one isolator it doesn't matter 

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi thestraycat, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I cannot really add anything to what jb66 has already advised.  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Also, please bear in mind that our website offers lots of helpful information and also, you can manage your account from here.

Regards

Lee_R