Menu
Bandage_Boy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Where is my WiFi Pod that was promised?

On 4th February, after 10+ years, I Was going to leave Virgin due to patchy WiFi issues in 2 rooms but after a conversation that resulted in a reduction in my monthly payments plus a promise of 2 free Intelligent WiFi Pods I decided to give it a go and Re-signed for another 18months. 

I got none so had to ring 150, after around the 4th time I eventually got 1 WiFi pod and that sorted the issues in one area so I waited for the second Pod. 

Again, it didn’t turn up so more calls to 150 only to be told I had to check my WiFi signals in the problem room - I explained I’d done all this before my original phone call - and was again promised the 2nd pod would be posted out. 

Again, it didn’t turn up so I tried ordering it on the Connect app, still no joy, so next I went to Twitter. 

A very sympathetic Virgin Bot had a conversation with me and said they understood my frustrations (I doubt it as robots don’t have feeling, or do they?) So I was told to contact Virgin via the Forum link it tweeted. 

So here I am, do you have my WiFi Pod?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Richw1982
Superfast
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where is my WiFi Pod that was promised?

Leaving Virgin because of Wi-Fi issues to have the same issues with another provider?  The pods are backordered dur to demand and supplier issues.  why not look at a mesh system like TP-Link Deco E4

Bandage_Boy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

But I signed up for 18mth with a promised 2 Pods that didn’t arrive. 🤷🏼‍♂️

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

You will have to be patient. There are supply issues and a backlog of customers waiting for them.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Bandage_Boy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I think 10 weeks of being given the run around is pretty patient don’t you?

Considering VM admitted that they promised me 2xPods which was logged on the recorded phone call. 

Plus the fact they sent me 1 pod when they could have just as easily sent 2 together. 

Note that they are still taking the monthly payment. 

The blackspot is in my daughter room and she’s in her GCSE year so she can’t research in her room as there is ZERO signal. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

The deal is you get sent one pod - you got it and you are paying for it. If that doesn't solve the issue they will send a Tech out to investigate and fit one or two more if required.

That said if there is zero signal perhaps its not been set up correctly or your daughters bedroom is a Faraday cage. What are your walls/floors/ceilings made of? Iron rich Victorian red-brick, foot thick stone ? Any underfloor heating coils? Any foil backed insulation? Steel beams? Etc.

10 weeks.... well ships from China were stuck in Suez for at least one or more of them - then there is chaos at the ports (Felixstowe) - blame brexit for that.

TBH - although you wont like me saying this - I would forget the pods and take matters into my own hands and ensure that my whole property has excellent wifi connectivity - in fact I did that 20 years ago and have never had a single wifi issue as my speeds packages and usage have increased over the years.

But if you hang on here a VM person should respond in a few days re. you getting the extra pods.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Bandage_Boy
Tuning in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

What you say makes sense but I was promised 2 Pods FOC for and agreed monthly fee.   
The 1 pod I received works excellent. 
I have tried that Pod in my daughters room and it works fine and gives her a good signal so that would resolve the issue. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

OK - then you will just have to hang on then.  I presume that fee was £5/month on an 18 month contract - i.e. £90 - the price of a decent introductory Mesh system that you will own forever

A VM person will respond here in a day or two re Pods.

I will be very surprised if they are in a position to say exactly when additional pods will be available for you. The deal (its on the website T&C's) says you get one pod - not two (despite what some offshore agent may have told you) and additional ones are then supplied "subject to a technician's visit". You can imagine that when stocks come in I would expect VM to give priority to those still waiting for delivery of their first one - but I am happy to be corrected by VM on that.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Bandage_Boy
Tuning in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Like you say, you don’t work for VM

yet you are telling me I’m paying for something that was agreed in a call between myself and VM - verified by VM - to be cost free (or possibly within the already agreed lower monthly fee) 

I appreciate your input but I’m expecting someone from VM to contact me in what has been a very protracted series of contact via numerous phone calls, tweets and now this wonderful forum. 

let’s wait for VM instead of Guessing what happened in a call you didn’t hear about something that was promised under the pretence of me signing a new contract. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

OK your call, hope you get them soon and they work.

This is a community help forum not a hot line into VM - they usually respond here within a week.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos