cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When its hot my wifi goes off

thejacobsfamily
Joining in

Just this week with the high temperature the WiFi loses connectivity and the phone goes mainly during the afternoon. What could be the issues. How do I resolve? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Threads merged - Please do not post multiple threads on the same issue.

If you need to add anything further, just hit the Reply button on the last post in this thread.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

thejacobsfamily
Joining in

When the weather is very hot which it has been the last few days, the WiFi and telephone goes off. It comes on again later in the afternoon.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If  the omnibox on your house is in the sun most of the day, get VM to move it.  £25 fee for such work.

Also it could be the street cabinet is overheating, again VM will need to resolve this.

However it can also be your power levels at the Hub are borderline and the change in the cable when it heats up is enough to throw the power levels out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try not to double post.  I've answered on your other post.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Threads merged - Please do not post multiple threads on the same issue.

If you need to add anything further, just hit the Reply button on the last post in this thread.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Hi @thejacobsfamily, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you've been having 😔

How have things been since you posted? Also, what type of Hub do you have and what coloured lights are showing on it?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience and we'll do our very best to help.

Thank you for your support @Adduxi 👍

Regards,
Daniel

thejacobsfamily
Joining in

WPA2 PSK is the name it comes up as.

Hi @thejacobsfamily,

I can see that in our previous post that one of my colleagues has asked a few more questions in order for you to expand on the problem that your currently experiencing. Once we have more information we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

The omnibox is away from the sun, in a north facing room, where is the street cabinet , is that the connection in the pavement (metal casing) that is unique to our property (the sun does get to it in the afternoon which corresponds to the outage) or a local one for more than one properties? Who do I contact at Virgin as I have been going around and around?

Its s Virgin TV 360 box,