Menu
rossb1
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

When hi join a video call my Wifi the interent connection disconects

Hi, 

Every time I join I video call from my laptop, the internet disconnects.  It says there is no Wifi for a few minutes.  This only happens over Wifi. I have to wait for the wifi signal to return - this can happens a number of times over a call. 

The strange thing is that my other devices that use the internet continue to be connected, it's only the laptop that I use for video calls - (Webex) 

This has been going on for some time and I have been told it's more likely to be something to do with Virgin, then the laptop. 

Would you be able to help? 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: When hi join a video call my Wifi the interent connection disconects

Use a wired connection instead 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
EvBur
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem.  I can't use a wired connection due to my company only allowing my laptop to connect via wifi. 

This is making working from home very difficult and very embarrassing.

it's been getting worse each day and I've been through the forum and tried various options. even had a new HUB.

About to phone customer services and complain, again.

Ev

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@EvBur wrote:

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem.  I can't use a wired connection due to my company only allowing my laptop to connect via wifi. 

This is making working from home very difficult and very embarrassing.

it's been getting worse each day and I've been through the forum and tried various options. even had a new HUB.

About to phone customer services and complain, again.

Ev

I've never heard of a LAN connection being locked out of use, especially as WiFi is more prone to interference and snooping.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
EvBur
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately it's company policy and nothing I can change.  I need to use wifi for work.  

The wifi connection is very good, it just keeps coming up as no internet connection. It's dropped 6 times in the last hour.

Customer services "150" are engaged,  not a happy customer. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Do other devices lose connection as well at the same time?

0 Kudos
EvBur
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

no, PC on wired is fine and phone on the same wifi is fine, but that could be on the 2.4 network rather than 5GHz.

0 Kudos
rossb1
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

as the router is in the front room and I work from my office, so using a wired connection will not work.   I also had my hub replaced a few months ago and it did not fix the problem. 

Has anyone fixed this issue, as it looks like it's been going happening to others for over a year now. 

do you think it could be related to the number of devices connected to the hub, 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We don't even know it's the same issue as the thread was somewhat hijacked by another poster.

0 Kudos