cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WhatsApp "not connecting"

danw86
Joining in

Hi. I have an iPhone XR and am running ios15. Since I changed my broadband to Virgin, my WhatsApp will not connect to WiFi. It works fine on 4G, but not on home WiFi. Social media apps also do not load photos or videos on apps like Facebook and Instagram. I have tried endless amounts of settings adjustments on the iPhone and the router and cannot make this work. Please can you help to fix this issue as I should be able to use my WiFi to use WhatsApp at home. Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi danw86

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the Whatsapp issue. Is this only happening on the iPhone or are other devices affected? 

If it's the iPhone, is the software fully upto date on there? Has a factory reset of the phone been tried also?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John. Thanks for the reply. I have just found a previous post on the community that mentions child safe settings and that it can affect some apps. I have just adjusted the settings and it has fixed the problem 👍🏻

Thank you for getting back to me though

Hi danw86

Thanks for coming back to me. I am glad to hear it's sorted 🙂

Do pop back to us if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Please what did you adjust on Childsafe to make this work?

Hi, I had to turn off the child safe setting as WhatsApp wouldn't work otherwise