Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What is the NHS contact number?

Hi,

I recently logged a fault and an engineer was assigned.  However, because my wife is a key worker (NHS doctor) they gave me a number to call to see if the engineer appointment could be brought forward.  The number they've given me doesn't work.  They gave me 07723 502991 - I read this back to the call centre agent at the time and he confirmed it was correct.

What is the NHS number please?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is the NHS contact number?

I don't believe there is a line for NHS workers.

Besides that, anyone that has worked through this pandemic is a "key-worker" in my eyes, not just the NHS (who are doing the jobs they're paid to do).

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Wow....thanks, gary.

You know, you're right.  Loads of people have been working during this pandemic.  I have, for example - in telecommunications, ironically.

The key difference is, gary, that when I go to work...like many other people who have been working during this pandemic...I'm not risking my life.  I'm not constantly surrounded by a hot-bed of CoVid infection in insufficient PPE.  I'm not watching colleagues catch this virus, and subsequently watching them die.

Thank god we're paying them to do that, eh?  Let's not forget that over the last 10 years, the salary of an NHS doctor has *declined*, and not just in "real terms" but in actual terms.  Paycuts.  For the last 10 years.  That true for you too, gary?  

Now an NHS doctor can expect less pay than a tube driver...who, last time I checked, was also working during this pandemic.  Not risking their life though.

Really helpful reply there, gary.  You might want to learn some basic respect.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

NHS staff pick that job. They can pick the job you want to do. Accept the risks or don't.

Simple.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It is respectful.

You don't know anyone else's situations who have been working who are not NHS, and whose lives aren't also at risk. Plenty of people work in environments where PPE etc. should be supplied and worn and isn't.

Tube drivers are classed as "at-risk" workers, but for other reasons which I'm sure you're well aware of, not related to COVID.

Your argument about salary is also invalid, since it matters as to what level of "doctor" said person is - training, speciality, consultant, GP etc.

NHS staff are told during their training that if in the event of a pandemic or national emergency they will be expected to work XX hours, no overtime, no holiday, away from home etc etc and asked if they wish to continue, or there's there door if they don't agree with it.

I know this as I have family who work for the NHS and they just get on with it, and also don't expect to be "clapped" for either for simply doing the job they're entitled to do.

My years of National Insurance contributions will thank you later...

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@apcyberax wrote:
NHS staff pick that job. They can pick the job you want to do. Accept the risks or don't.

this exactly.
don't pick that as your chosen job and then complain when you actually have to do it!
afterall, isn't that why you spend all those years training for such a time when you are actually needed?

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@spgray wrote:

@apcyberax wrote:

this exactly.
don't pick that as your chosen job and then complain when you actually have to do it!
afterall, isn't that why you spend all those years training for such a time when you are actually needed?

As I said in my response above - they're made fully aware of it at the time of training or literally told "you want to help your country out, or see yourself out".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Considering I work in food retail, I've been working around potentially infected people since the start of the pandemic whilst other people have been paid to stay at home, so I therefore think I was considerably more at risk than those people. So therefore I would consider myself to be a key worker as we have been making essential items available to them, but apparently I'm not as I don't work for the NHS... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just to point out this:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/coronavirus-update

How are you prioritising installations for NHS staff?
When a customer orders with us, we text them asking if they’re an NHS worker. If that’s the case, our agents try to re-schedule the appointment for the next available slot.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@BenMcr wrote:

Just to point out this:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/coronavirus-update

How are you prioritising installations for NHS staff?
When a customer orders with us, we text them asking if they’re an NHS worker. If that’s the case, our agents try to re-schedule the appointment for the next available slot.

And how do you check and confirm that they are indeed an NHS worker?

0 Kudos