cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What has happened today is a disgrace

Scottyboy99
Dialled in

The title of the subject says it all. Clearly they had no idea there was an issue until the first clock in to work from their staff at 8 am. funny how it started coming back to life after that. They fail to keep their status pages or social site accounts accurately updated. There is clearly no 24/7 monitoring in place. Plus there are maintenance issues all over the place with SNR rife. This is not good enough.

I suppose all their staff must have BT or Sky as their ISP. They are not daft!

6 REPLIES 6

lotharmat
Community elder
Agree wholeheartedly! - Even then - who hosts their status pages on their own infrastructure‽

Nothing short of an omnishambles!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

@lotharmat wrote:
Agree wholeheartedly! - Even then - who hosts their status pages on their own infrastructure‽

Price increase 2023 Part 2 coming for "reliability purposes" 😉

*Fears you may be correct!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

RayW2
Dialled in

Have to agree! Looks like I will be moving ASAP - there is really no excuse for it taking from around 01:00 (when it all started) to after 08:00 to take any steps to at least *inform* users ...

Roll on September 5th ...

--

RayW2

rotahn
On our wavelength

Completely agree. The reliability over the last few years has gone down hill.

Screenshot_20230404_095131_Chrome.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Broadband Ping - virgin

@unisoft wrote:

@lotharmat wrote:

Price increase 2023 Part 2 coming for "reliability purposes" 😉

yep sure thing reliable as ever. How can a telecoms provide like VM not have a priority 1 escalation of a nationwide outage at 2am in the morning? Also how on earth was the public not notified that the problem had been detected until well after 7am after being hounded by the press and public alike. It is shocking in this day and age. I think it would not be such a bitter pill had people been notified at the start of the outage..

My Broadband Ping - Virgin