cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does 'RCP-ID in RCC not supported' mean?

gobblebox
Tuning in

Or Registration RSP rejected unspecified reason?

Or Lost MDD Timeout?

Or Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out?

Or T6 Timeout and retries exceeded?

Or REG RSP not received?

3 REPLIES 3

SonarUK
Rising star
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Hub-status-data-understanding-network-log-messages/td-p/4...

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Gig1 | Hub 5 Modem Mode | Asus RT-AX86U | Asus RT-AC86U

jem101
Superstar

@gobblebox might I suggest that you Google the phrases and see what comes up, or alternatively just look up 'DOCSIS error messages and codes'. But to understand what they mean, and more importantly, how critical they are - because some of the message do sounds really scary but actually aren't too bad at all - you also need to understand how the underlaying technology works. Possibly also how QAM works and (maybe) the underlaying mathematics behind it.

The first and last of the messages you mention are issues when the modem comes on-line after a restart and attempts to register, or say, 'hi I'm here, does anyone want to talk to me', with the CMTS (cable modem termination system) which is, basically the device on the other end of the cable connection.

MDD is Mac Domain Descriptor, basically a set of parameters which describes the characteristics of the particular cable plant, should the modem expect an IPv4 or IPv6 address, or both, which channel frequencies should it be listening out for, etc? Sounds a bit scary but in practice it's generally nothing to bother about.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @gobblebox,

Cheers for your post. As mentioned by @jem101, a lot of these errors are nothing to worry about and can simply mean that your Hub is running and refreshing services or losing connection for less than a second.

I've taken a look into this for you and there doesn't appear to be any issues but it does appear that your Hub has been online for over a month, can you please try giving it a reboot? This will clear a lot of the errors 🙂

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ