forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Brett25
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What customer service?

From the very first day I got Virgin broadband I had disconnection issues. The WiFi disconnected at least 4 times a day, at least. I called customer service the very same day of installation to tell them of my issue, after 1 hour on hold listening to the same songs I finally got through to someone, they did all the usual, line test, reset and so on. after this the person on the phone told me the issue was resolved so I put the phone down and thought I could put it to bed. not 10 minutes after it dropped out again. I called them up the next day and waited another hour, they told me an engineer would be out to fix the issue as it was something outside my local network that was causing it. they gave me a date as to when the issue would be resolved, a week after the date given I called them again finally at my wits end asked to cancel my service, they told me that the contract stated that I would only be able to cancel my services without the early cancelation fees they couldn't resolve the issue inside of a month, I agreed to give them time to fix it. They told me that the issue is still being looked at and gave me another date 13th of December (a month after my installation), after this date past the issue was still persistent, more than a month of basically unusable services. I resigned myself to call after Christmas and new year was over.

On the 4th of January I called again, no joy the issue was still persistent and they just repeated everything that I had already heard and tried. I had enough and asked to cancel, when they put me through to the cancelation team they told me that despite what the previous person had said about being able to cancel without fees if the issue wasn't resolved within a month he was addiment that I would have to pay if I chose to go through with it. He then went on to offer me a new deal with a better hub (I'm using the hub 3 right now and from the reviews online I'm not the only one who has had issues with this hub), he offered me a hub 4 1Gb broadband for £37 a month and on top of that a refund for the previous months service. I agreed to this deal he told me the money would be in my bank by the end of the week and my new equipment would arrive by Wednesday. I thought that was the end of it and I could get on with my life. 

I called again on the Friday to see what was going on only to be told that nothing that I agreed to with the person before had being added to my account no notes were made at all regarding our conversation, I told them the deal that was offered and they refused to honour it stating that there was no notes regarding this offer, I tried to cancel again and was met with the same belief as before, I was not exempt from early disconnection charges. I was pretty warn out at this point and asked what the best deal was for the hub 4 they told me it would be double the price I was told previously I hung up then too tired to try and talk to them.

I tried to use the online chat customer service option but after 6 hours and not a single message I gave that up as a bad job. I've had 4 engineers out since and I logged a complaint against the man who offered me the deal, this wasn't easy by the way I had to ring 3 different times to actually be able to log the complaint I have no idea how these employees get away with lying so much, they told me they couldn't log complaints and that managers had to do, I mean what is that about. The resolutions team emailed me saying that they tried to call but got no answer no date or time was given in the email but I can assure you that I had no unknown numbers leave me a missed call. they had reviewed the call and decided that no action was going to be taken, after reading there report I realised they had reviewed the call I made on Friday not Monday, this is either due to astonishing incompetence or malice which I find even more troubling.

28 days to appeal this but no way to actually contact them so back to the customer service line, I got through to a man that told me a manger would have to call me back as he couldn't discuss it, he rang me this morning and then proceeded to tell me another department would handle it and he would inform them of what I wanted to discuss, I got through to an agent who had no idea what I was talking about so I had to explain everything to her. she then told me a manger would be calling me back within 2 hours that was a 9am this morning. 

The fact that I can write multiple paragraphs about my terrible experience and tell you that I had to cut bits out so I didn't end up writing a novel says volumes. I have had enough of this and cannot even begin to describe the stress and anxiety this has caused me, I have been passed from pillar to post getting absolutely nowhere and can honestly say that it almost feels criminal the way I have been trapped in this contract for a services and a promise I am not receiving.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: What customer service?

What kind of help are you hoping to get from the community on here?

Technical help on how to sort the connection issues?

Advice on how to leave VM?

Advice on how to contact VM?

Or something else?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Brett25
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Basically all of the above I’ve got no idea what I can do at this point.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I will rephrase that - what is your preferred outcome.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos