Menu
TKay
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

What ISP should I swap to

I've only joined this ISP recently, speeds are great but the latency and ping (lag spike) issues are so **bleep** awful, I have filed 2 complaints, on the one its been over 20 days and they still haven't contacted me about it, so I'm on the edge of just getting new internet and cancelling my direct debit, but the worse thing is that there is no way to tell which ISP is good anymore since its all speeds, I don't really care about the speeds, I just require a strong stable connection, past 4pm every day it becomes unusable, I know some people are fine with it and others are not, so I don't really know what to do. 

TKay_0-1614116695123.png

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: What ISP should I swap to

Yeah, cancelling the direct debit is only going to hurt you in the long run.. VM won't care, they'll just mark your account with non-payment markers which will go on your credit file for the next six years. it won't hurt VM.

As for which ISP - take your pick from the top right box on this website.. they will all likely do a good job of providing a reliable, stable connection and will provide decent support to boot. I have personal experience of AAISP and can't recommend them highly enough.. Zen also, and they were a very reliable and responsive supplier.

TKay
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I will look into the two you recommended, is there nothing I can do to get out of this contract because, its not as advertised at all, and I cant even speak to anyone about it, it's a joke.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

You’re asking in the wrong place.

This is a forum for support requests - and cancelling your direct debit will lead to your account defaulting and being passed to a collection agency. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

only way is to go though the complaints process and if not fixed take it to CISIS but that can take months
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@TKay wrote:

I will look into the two you recommended, is there nothing I can do to get out of this contract because, its not as advertised at all, and I cant even speak to anyone about it, it's a joke.

Posting some hub logs would help if you’re looking to resolve the issue at hand 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
TKay
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

TKay_0-1614159891580.png

just tried logging in, bit concerning as I'm the only one who uses the internet

0 Kudos
TKay
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

okay never mind it let me on now, what do you need a picture of to see if there is an issue with my internet?
0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

browse to your hub on  http://192.168.0.1 - don't log in, click Router Status - copy/paste the tables from the Upstream, Downstream and Network Log tabs back to this thread (as text, not screenshots) - you'll need multiple posts for this, the info wont all fit into a single post..

TKay
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Cable Modem StatusItem Status Comments

Acquired Downstream Channel (Hz)
Ranged Upstream Channel (Hz)
Provisioning State
0 Kudos