cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome offer ended, what should I do next?

Bluesky3
Joining in

My welcome offer was just ended and I have spent a couple of days trying to get in touch with CS staff regarding to my any new plan offer.  Unfortunately, still can't get any answers.  I will continue using the service and accept the new price showing on my bills with no choice.   Trying to ask if anyone could advise me what to do to find out any good offer for my new contract.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Best way is to call in and go to "thinking of leaving"... you will be connected to the "retentions" team who want to persuade you to stay.... but you are dealing with pro's at this game...

For info see this thread on the topic..."Contract renegotiation" - and see Andrew’s comments in message 6

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/New-contract/td-p/4888761

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Best way is to call in and go to "thinking of leaving"... you will be connected to the "retentions" team who want to persuade you to stay.... but you are dealing with pro's at this game...

For info see this thread on the topic..."Contract renegotiation" - and see Andrew’s comments in message 6

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/New-contract/td-p/4888761

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Bluesky3, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear that speaking to our team has been tricky via our phone lines.

Do please give our team a try on 0345 454 1111 or 150, closer to our opening time of 8am from Monday to Sunday, the better the chance you have in speaking to our team in a timely manner.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks so much. It's really helpful 

No problem.

Do feel free to keep us posted with how you get along @Bluesky3 

All the best,

David_Bn

Thanks for your input @Hergest_Ridge, and welcome to our Community Forums.

Whilst we can appreciate offering other customers advice on how to obtain a better deal, I'd like to take the opportunity to advise that we certainly don't endorse the viewpoint of charging customers the maximum amount of money, for the least service.

Hopefully the original poster is able to obtain the best possible deal for them and are happy to renew with Virgin Media.

As some saving grace for the original poster, we don't perform package changes on the Community Forums, and therefore perhaps hasn't shown all his card...

Thanks,

David_Bn