Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Weak security iphone

Hi I am getting an error of weak security on my iPhone and won’t connect to WiFi. I have a hub 3 and an iPhone 8. 
I have changed the router settings as per the virgin post and reset all devices. It still won’t connect and is giving me the same error. 
has anyone any further advice? 
thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Weak security iphone

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/iOS-14-Weak-Security/td-p/4410050

all the required info is in there.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Thanks for reply. That’s what I’ve already done. It works for around 5 minutes then I lose connection again. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have your reset the network settings on your phone?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i hadn't but just tried and its still not working, still getting the weak security error.  thank you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

only two possible reasons then

1) you haven't applied the router changes correctly
2) there is a fault with the iphone

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HI

1 i have done the setting correctly - including a factory reset of the router to set it up with the new settings from scratch
2 its not the phone, it is happening on multiple devices including a new out the box yesterday iphone 11. its also happening when i log onto wifi on my parents hub 3.0 and the devices they have in their home

the error now seems to be intermittent and is coming and going. yesterday evening the wifi was working fine, when i got up this morning the error was there and i was unable to connect. an hour i was able to get onto the wifi it has now gone again.

i have spoken to apple support who have advised me that it is the security on my router that is casing the issue as per their new update the router is not seen as secure - this is also why a lot of people who may be getting the same wifi error are now being told that their passwords are not strong enough.

Not sure what to do ....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

yes we know that, but the linked article shows how to "fix" it, and it fixes it for those that apply the required changes.

you will get that message when you connect to ANY wifi network that apples deems as "not secure", so if your parents also haven't applied the changes you'l still see that message when connecting to that WIFI network.

being unable to connect to the WIFI is not related to the message you are getting, so if you are having issues connecting then you have a different problem somewhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Crackerhardy in regards to the security and apple devices, @spgray has advised you correctly. 

Are you still having issues with connecting to the WiFi?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos