Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Waste of time

Before i switched old equipment for new equipment yesterday I had my network set and working as I wanted since putting new equipment in my networks been a shambles wifi takes **bleep** always always dropping out and disconnecting not only that I have to go through first start up everytime I want to access my router absolute joke consoles no longer work properly online... all in all I was better off with my old equipment least it worked properly all chat want to do is send an engineer why when before I switched it was all fine new equipment is bollocks and I'm.getting absolutely sick of it takes me 7 hours to get someone on chat and hours on phone to get someone to answer company is absolute jokers 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Re: Waste of time

Are you looking for assistance or an outlet to vent on ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Is it just the WiFi dropping?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 44
Flag for a moderator

No on wifi it stays connected for longer than 5mins on wire it's almost instantly refreshing connections and kicking me off I've tried accessing my router but wont let me in straight white screen and always acts like it's my first time logging into it asking me my language and to personalise my password I've done now 4 times it's stupid I could of kept my old equipment and it be fine and how I wanted it ..... I am looking for some form of help I spent 7 hours trying to get someone on chat and on phone yesterday and still I have problems I dont get how old equipment was fine but new equipment needs an engineer 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Firstly carry out a factory reset on the Hub using this exact method …

DO NOT DO THIS if the password on the base of the Hub is not legible or missing.

Instructions for Hub 3

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once a steady white and no other lights are illuminated check your system again.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 44
Flag for a moderator

I did all that yesterday with a guy that came from virgin to pickup old equipment still does same cant access router to change p2p so consoles work.nothing it's getting annoying and frustrating 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Please try the method I suggested, VM have a 10 second hold and it sometimes doesn't work.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Andy - I've found that if I'm "too impatient" when logging into the Hub after it reboots then I get the same - with the language personalisation etc. coming up, and then not letting me logon with either the preset password or the one I changed it to. Only way I've found is to "switch it off and on again" (ideally with a wait), and then be patient until it's fully loaded up and settled down before I try and login to it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hubs been booted up since yesterday I went through all the things I usually go through to fix the issue with this guy that came to door like I said and I still cannot get into my router settings 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Do a 60 second pinhole reset on the hub

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos