Menu
WestAnd1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Was advised I could request a new router online, but can't find any way to do so?

I have a Super Hub 1, and believe that I am eligable for a router upgrade at no additional cost, or change to my contract. 

My average speeds are lower than the account level I am paying for, so I'm keen to firstly check if having a more up to date router would better support my wifi connection, but taking the speeds I'm getting to a complaint. 

Any help, links appreciated. 

To note I have tried 

https://store.virginmedia.com/existing-customer/my-offers/hub-swap

But just get a 404 type page, with Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online.

Having recently waited on hold for 4 hours I won't be phoning technical again. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Was advised I could request a new router online, but can't find any way to do so?

The best/easiest option as you have a SH1 is to call in and say... "its not fit for purpose because you now need simultaneous 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi bans connections"

The SH1 cannot do that (its one or the other) all other VM Hubs are simulcast. So they will just send out a Hub3 to replace it.

Try calling in at 08.00 that usually gets through quickly. If not try using option 1,1,4,4 "thinking of leaving" - that gets their attention quickly - say you want top cancel because the SH1 wont do dual wifi.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
WestAnd1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Was advised I could request a new router online, but can't find any way to do so?

Cheers!

Tried the thinking of leaving route and got zero help or support.

Got told to request a router online and can't, still can't t get through to tech. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I will ask VM to come here and advise

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, WestAnd1,

Can you tell us more about the issues that you are having with your connection? Maybe we can help with this. We would not normally replace the equipment if there isn't a technical need to replace your equipment. 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Corey_C wrote:

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, WestAnd1,

Can you tell us more about the issues that you are having with your connection? Maybe we can help with this. We would not normally replace the equipment if there isn't a technical need to replace your equipment. 

Cheers,

Corey C

hmmmmmm - the SH1 has been end of line for years and is way past its sell by date - there used to be a page to order a new one but that seems to have gone

to the OP - ring in - yes i know thats painful and say its faulty - before you ring turn the hub off and that should concentrate the minds of CS to send out a new hub

hopefully other staff will get here and sort it before you need to do that

Tony
WestAnd1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, 

I’m presently meant to be on the m100 package, but I never get anywhere near the 108 - 111 Mbps speeds advertised. 

- my connection hangs and drops out constantly through the day.

I was advised some time ago via VM customer service that before I leave virgin, that as it was on a old router, and qualified for a free upgrade, to give that a go. They told me I could request this online but I’ve never been able to do so online, nor have I been able to get through to the tech line.

I just keep getting passed around and I am ready to find a new supplier as the connection is poor, I’m being overcharged as a long term customer and I can’t get any decent support. 

This is the worst customer support experience I’ve ever had.

I know that if I left virgin, and then rejoined I wouldn’t be sent out a super hub 1 due to its age.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, WestAnd1,

Sorry that you feel the service isn't great. We'd be more than happy to get your hub replaced, but we also want to identify what issues are you having as getting an updated hub may not resolve whatever underlying issues you are having and in the long run may require a solution that we could have addressed firstly.

But I have ordered the Hub replacement for a Hub 3, this will arrive 3-5 days via Royal Mail

Cheers,

Corey C

WestAnd1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help Corey.
I appreciate you getting a new Hub sent out, it's taken months to get to this point so that in itself is appreciated. 
Can I check if there will be a charge attached to setting up the new hub, or ready to self install on receipt?

0 Kudos