cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WWE Network not working via VIRGIN MEDIA in uk

undertaker2023
Tuning in

Hello,

Hopefully you can help. I (Gary) am trying to assist one of your customers "Dan", in the UK, with his WWE network wresting service. He really enjoys it, and as he has "special needs" it's "his thing"

He has been a subscriber to the WWE service paying for it each month for about a year. The last payment went through ok. He has both a PC and a Playstation games console,

If any of his devices connect to the Virgin Media internet box, either wired or wireless, he can visit the wwe.com site just fine, and other websites. If he tries to log in it fails with "there was an error. please try again later or contact us for assistance". asking to reset password also produces a similar error "Error !There was an error in your request. Please try again later or contact us for assistance.". On his playstation it just says "somethingwentwrong"

He also has the WWE app on his phone (android). The app opens fine. Again if the phone is connected to the Virgin Media internet, via wifi, it produces the same error and refuses to display any content. HOWEVER, if we tell his phone to NOT connect to Virgin Media, and instead connect to his local mobile phone provider (O2 in the UK), everything works fine with the App.

If I tell his playstation to connect to a "hotspot" on either of our phones, WWE on Playstation works fine.

Therefore I can only deduce, that there is some kind of block, either VirginMedia blocking access to WWE subscriptions. Or WWE blocking virgin media customers from accessing the streaming service.

Please can you help, as it's stressing your customer out. As he says "he's paying for a service and not getting it".

We have called Virgin Media and they are blaming WWE!. I don't think the person really understood the problem. VM phone support asked us to do a trace route:

===

C:\Users\Dan>tracert network.wwe.com

Tracing route to network.wwe.com [18.172.88.73]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 11 ms 9 ms 10 ms leic-core-2a-ae6-639.network.virginmedia.net [82.3.34.13]
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 13 ms 14 ms 10 ms leed-ic-3-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.174.118]
6 12 ms 13 ms 12 ms 99.83.66.156
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 15 ms 14 ms 12 ms 15.230.255.0
12 15 ms 14 ms 11 ms server-18-172-88-73.man51.r.cloudfront.net [18.172.88.73]

Trace complete.

===

We have contacted WWE via email and they kindly suggested the following:

===

To isolate the issue, we highly suggest doing the following troubleshooting steps to help resolve your issue.

1. Please disable any VPN or proxy connection
2. Check if there is any restrictions like child safe on your Internet settings with Virgin Media
3.  Log out on all of your devices and perform a Sequential Power Cycle

- Turn Off Device
- Turn Off Router/Modem
- Turn On Router/Modem
- Turn On Device and try again

===

A1: We don't have a VPN or proxy
A2: We checked this today - Virus Safe Was ON, Child Safe was already OFF - I have tried turning Virus Safe OFF, but it did not make the WWE streaming/login service work.
A3: Obviously we have done the I.T. turn it off and on again, with all devices including the virgin media hub/wifi router.

VM Community - You are our last hope!

Thanks
Gary (The I.T. Chap) and Dan (your customer)

9 REPLIES 9

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, undertaker2023!
Thank you so much for taking the time to join our help forums and for your first posts here, we're delighted to have you with us at the VM community and wanted to give you a warm welcome on board! 🙂

Sorry to see you've been having issues with logging in to your WWE paid subscription when on our VM network, this must be very frustrating given what you've explained to us and we'd love to work our best and help out.

To understand a bit more and assist with the issue, we'd like to ask/check a few more things so I'll send you a PM here shortly to do this.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@undertaker2023   On the PS (or any other device) try setting the DNS manually to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8. These are the public DNS servers for Cloudflare and Google. This will bypass any VM Childsafe or Websafe issues. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Gary,

I've just tested using my PC, TV, Firestick, Roku,  android tablet and android mobile devices and had no issues at all logging in and viewing wwe.com on any of them with my VM WiFi connection. I don't use a VPN (even one incorporated in my browser or anti virus) or VM Childsafe or Websafe.

Screenshot of my tracert below.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

undertaker2023
Tuning in

Thanks for the replies

Adduxi,

- That sounds like a good plan to try. It's probably easier, if there is that option, to make this DNS change within the VM hub, then to tweak the DNS on each device.

Newapollo,

Thanks for confirming that you can both access the WWE.com website, AND login, I thought it might be a long shot, for someone to see this posting, that uses VM and the WWE service. so thanks for confirming that. That proves it's not a blanking ban by WWE to block VM users from accessing the service.

A VM helper, has also suggested trying to change the WWE password, while on the o2 network, then try accessing the the WWE service, logically it's not a password issue, but I am happy to try anything to get Dan back on WWE, as it's his thing.

Thanks ALL

Gary

undertaker2023
Tuning in

Day 7 !!!!

Back on site - trying to help Dan.

After suggestions by VM and Adduxi, I have now just tried these things.

1) Altering the DNS to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8

Unfortunately there is not an easy way to do this within the VM Hub 3.0

So I just did the DNS on the Playstation 5. Unfortunately still not working for WWE app on the PS5. Exact error is

SORRYSOMETHINGWENTWRONG

8ca50cb3c0084fc88435423e87f49760

Network status: connected - try again - or go back.

2) Change the WWE password while connected to O2 (not VM)

Successfully changed pass - it made no difference to be able to play WWE content.

As a test, I can view wwe.com and login and stream stuff on my phone when connected to O2 (mobile phone network). When I connect my phone to VM hub wifi, then I can visit wwe.com but NOT login, or stream any WWE content.

I have a lot of patience, but this is proving trying to my patience.

Some Traceroutes ( in case this helps anyone willing to help)

C:\Users\Dan>tracert www.wwe.com

Tracing route to d.sni.global.fastly.net [199.232.58.133]

1 2 ms 2 ms 1 ms 192.168.0.1
3 14 ms 12 ms 15 ms leic-core-2a-ae6-639.network.virginmedia.net [82.3.34.13]
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 14 ms 19 ms 14 ms tcl5-ic-7-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.105.11.198]
7 17 ms 18 ms 18 ms 157.52.127.10
8 18 ms 17 ms 14 ms 199.232.58.133

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Dan>tracert network.wwe.com

Tracing route to network.wwe.com [18.172.88.73]

1 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.0.1
3 11 ms 10 ms 10 ms leic-core-2a-ae6-639.network.virginmedia.net [82.3.34.13]
5 20 ms 15 ms 13 ms leed-ic-3-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.174.118]
6 15 ms 13 ms 12 ms 99.83.66.156
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 15 ms 13 ms 14 ms 15.230.255.0
12 13 ms 13 ms 11 ms server-18-172-88-73.man51.r.cloudfront.net [18.172.88.73]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Dan>tracert https://watch.wwe.com
Unable to resolve target system name https://watch.wwe.com.

C:\Users\Dan>tracert watch.wwe.com

Tracing route to watch.wwe.com [54.236.192.188]

1 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.0.1
3 13 ms 13 ms 12 ms leic-core-2a-ae6-639.network.virginmedia.net [82.3.34.13]
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 20 ms 20 ms 20 ms 86.85-254-62.static.virginmediabusiness.co.uk [62.254.85.86]
8 93 ms 90 ms 90 ms us-nyc01b-rd2-ae-9-0.aorta.net [84.116.140.170]
9 95 ms 95 ms 94 ms us-was03a-ri1-ae-10-0.aorta.net [84.116.130.174]
10 96 ms 105 ms 95 ms 99.82.183.148
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 128 ms * 100 ms 52.93.28.206
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Dan>

On his PC, yes, I have tried multiple Browsers. 

Yes, I have tried the VM Hub 3.0 off /on.

I have also attached the exact errors when I try and

a) log into wwe.com on the PC

signin-error-message1.jpg

b) choose "forget password"

forgot-pass-screengrab.jpg

As a guess, I am going to advise him to turn it off overnite

Any help welcome

Gary (The I.T. Chap) helping Dan (the VM customer)

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Undertaker2023,

Thanks for coming back about this peculiar issue with your friend's WWE account. 

Have you or Dan contacted WWE about this yet? 

If yes, what have they mentioned?

Is Dan using a VPN at the time? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Megan_L

Thanks for the Reply. NO VPN is in use.

It's now 12 Days since poor Dan was able to use his WWE subscription.

The last thing WWE asked for is "whatismyipaddress.com" - which I have supplied, but don't want to post his ip address on this forum.

This will save me having to reply to individual emails from VM and WWE. Hopefully everyone can see all the info and screenshots on this forum.

I have asked the WWE support people to also have a look at this forum. 

In summary:

• no vpn in use
  • no child safe/parental control in use
  • we can visit wwe.com just fine
  • we cannot login to wwe.com or change password WHEN connected to VMedia wired or wifi on PC, let along get to streaming a WWE shoe
  • we cannot open the WWE app on the playstation 5, when connected to VMedia wifi. it says "somethingwentwrong" (see photo on this posting)
  • If we connect the playstation 5 to my mobile phone wifi hotspot (tethering), it all works fine (at mobile broadband speeds!!!). 
  • My phone will visit wwe.com, login, change wwe password, and stream wwe shows when connected to my mobile phone network.
  • My phone will visit wwe.com, BUT NOT login, NOT change wwe password, NOT stream wwe shows when connected to DANS VMedia wifi.

I can imagine Dan, who pays for VMedia broadband will probably end up leaving Vmedia for another BBand company if this cannot be sorted out.

Thanks

Gary (helping Dan)1000-pixels.jpg

•  

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, undetaker2023.
Thanks for taking the time to post more about this issue, I have been in touch with you previously via private messages to investigate this and had no further feedback however I'm still here to help. 🙂
I will send you a new private message where you can reply back and we'll be able to share more from there, thank you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

undertaker2023
Tuning in

Agri_G

Thank for the reply.  Personally I would sooner keep replying to this PUBLIC forum, than private messages, that way everyone can see the same information.

Good News

Today Sunday 29th November, Dan has reported back to me that the WWE streaming service is now working for him. i presume via his PS5. Unfortunately I am non the wiser why it stopped working in the 1st place, and why it's magically working now.

So thanks for everyone's help with troubleshooting this issue.

Gary (the I.T. chap) Helping Dan (the VM & WWE customer)