Menu
PTID1
Settling in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WIfi Mesh and TV^ box question

I'm sure this has been asked before, however I have searched the forums and am unsure if I have understood the set up required to install a mesh system with my Hub 3 and set up the wifi on my V6 box.

My current set up uses the VM wifi with the V6 box, wifi signal downstairs on other devices, the hub is in an upstairs office/bedroom, is very poor and I am thinking of getting a Tenda Nova MW6 mesh system. 

From what I gather so far to use this I set the Hub 3 into Modem mode and set up the Tenda system as the wifi network. However I am unsure what I need to do with the V6 box? It currently uses the VM Wifi signal from my Hub, can I simply change the settings on the V6 box to work with the wifi signal from the Tenda system?

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WIfi Mesh and TV^ box question

I believe you can just connect it to the new WiFi network:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Installing-V6-Box-with-WiFi-and-own-router/td-p/3...

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
sophist
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@PTID1 wrote:

can I simply change the settings on the V6 box to work with the wifi signal from the Tenda system?

Yes, you just make changes to teh V6 network settings to connect it to the new wifi network.

I have no experience of the Tenda product line, so take this with a pinch of salt, but their reputation is lower than that of say, TP-Link or ASUS.. their price point matches that.. but you may want to do some additional research before you purchase. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Check that anything you get has 1GB ports or speeds will never exceed 100mbps. The TP-Link Deco M4/M5/M9 are well regarded on here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos