cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI pods

ahawkesford
Joining in

Has anyone else had problems with the WIFI pods after a Software update done by Virgin media technical, they stopped working, after contacting Virgin media I was told at first it was a known problem and would be fixed within 24 hours or may take 5 days, after 3 weeks and numerous phone calls and lies its still not working. Is it just me or are Virgin media customer service bad to all its customers. ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ahawkesford 

Welcome to the community forums

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your WiFi pods connecting at this time. I have check the system at my side and can see that your issue this is correctly raised and is know to the team.  We are aware of the ongoing issues surround this. I can assure you the team are working to a resolution for this and hopefully this should be rolling out soon in the next firmware update. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

mistryjayesh
On our wavelength

What problems are you having?

After speaking with technical support from Virgin media I reset the router as requested, the broadband and connection started to work, but the WIFI pods stopped working, I once again phoned technical they advised me this was a know problem and they would sort it at their end, this was 4 weeks ago. I phoned numerous occasions and told they can fix it.

What a waste of time Virgin are a joke !!

SAME issue here, 4 weeks ago all 3 pods stopped working. Frustrated as anything and I notice the mods/virgin reps are very quiet about this issue. 

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ahawkesford 

Welcome to the community forums

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your WiFi pods connecting at this time. I have check the system at my side and can see that your issue this is correctly raised and is know to the team.  We are aware of the ongoing issues surround this. I can assure you the team are working to a resolution for this and hopefully this should be rolling out soon in the next firmware update. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi @on-dre 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you are also having the same issue. I have raised this for you now on our system at our side. As advised, we do hope to have this resolved within the next firmware update. My apologies for any inconvenience caused by this ongoing issue, the team are working to have this resolved as soon as possible. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

on-dre
On our wavelength

@carly_s

when will this be? I have NO wifi. It's been 4 weeks (3/3/23)

Also, I was told I had the wrong pods for my plan (Gig) and they would be replaced with the correct pods. I then get a message yesterday saying that the 1st of the replacement pods won't be sent as I have the maximum allowed and the support agent who promised to call be back yesterday, did not call me. 

I am fuming. 

Hi Virgin media as you have acknowledged there is a problem at your end and your not providing the quality service you promise, when will we receive our refund on our monthly payments, also when will this new firmware be available?

Looking forward to a speedy response 👍 

I am sorry to hear of that. We wouldn't replace them as it's a fault we're fixing, so when the fault is fixed then they'd be working as normal. I am however sorry it's taking longer than usual to fix. 

Do you pay for the Pods or are they free on your bundle that you're on? If it's free there wouldn't be anything to refund against. 

We'll have the firmware issue sorted asap.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

on-dre
On our wavelength

I was promised replacement pods, I am on gig1 and only have 1 super pod. I then got a message saying you can't send me any more. I was promised a call back on Friday, that never happened. I have been without wifi for MORE than FOUR weeks. Can someone PLEASE CONTACT ME! I was also told I would get the £100 credit for slow/no wifi under the wifi guarantee.