cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI pods and Hub 5

bitsandpcs
Fibre optic

Any news on if these are working ok together and when the non trial customers will be able to use them together or if VM are going to release different pods / wifi extenders?

75 REPLIES 75

John, call up Virgin Media and specifically ask for the wifi pod 2 - this is the new pod compatible with the hub 5

@Blakieboy7 wrote:

John, call up Virgin Media and specifically ask for the wifi pod 2 - this is the new pod compatible with the hub 5

How do these pods appear on you're billing? I'm asking because we already had one from a while back but after upgrading to the hub 5, it stopped working (I'm sure it worked for a short while but can't be certain) so I got onto WhatsApp and first was told they don't work with the hub 5 and I pressed and asked for them to send a WiFi Pod 2 for the hub 5 and after speaking to the manager, he came back and ordered one for me. So on the billing its wifi pod 1 and wifi pod 2. Is it a coincidence that it's going up in numerical order, so if I ordered a third, it would appear as wifi pod 3 or is it an actual updated wifi pod 2? 

Also what is the actual difference between them? 

On another note, I can't get the VM connect app to find the hub 5, as per a few other people on these threads, I guess that's on VMs end rather than my end.

@shawty1984

The both work with the hub 5 but pod mk1 need some form of firmware tweak i think, there is a member on here that has the mk1 working with a hub 5.

I am guessing the pod mk2 is also wifi 6 but cant confirm as i dont have any wifi 6 equipment.

pod1 and pod2 is probably how many pods you have.

Do you have 1gig internet or a volt option on your account? If not the pods are billed at £5 each p/m.

@bitsandpcs wrote:

@shawty1984

The both work with the hub 5 but pod mk1 need some form of firmware tweak i think, there is a member on here that has the mk1 working with a hub 5.

I am guessing the pod mk2 is also wifi 6 but cant confirm as i dont have any wifi 6 equipment.

pod1 and pod2 is probably how many pods you have.

Do you have 1gig internet or a volt option on your account? If not the pods are billed at £5 each p/m.

I'm on Ultimate Volt so I know they won't cost anything, just be a bit annoyed if what I've already got turns up.

@jamierawlings wrote:

It’s poor that the agents haven’t been properly informed about this. 
After a complaint, weeks of phone calls with the same agent (him calling me back), and him logging and escalating IT tickets internally - their IT representative made one more suggestion to him whilst he was on the telephone to me. Some sort of configuration change was made by the web team, and my 3 wifi pods that had previously worked with my hub4, were then compatible with my hub5 within around 24-36hours.

What sort of config change, can this be done by yourselves by logging as admin to your Hub 5 router console? Do you have to subscribe to wifi max thereby incurring more charges for the pods to work?

Hi there,

The change had to be made at Virgin Media’s side to make the previous wifi pods work with the hub5.