cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI keeps losing connection every few days - Any advice appreciated - Super Hub 2 router.

SaitenMar
On our wavelength

Hi folks, 

So I was hoping this issue might fix itself but over the past few months, we've been having a lot of WIFI issues with our internet. Basically every few days the WIFI simply won't function and nothing can connect to the house WIFI network. Tried a few different things but the only thing that sort of fixes the issue (at least for a short while) is to restart the entire router to reset everything. Tried playing the router in different places but that doesn't seem to work. For those wanting to know, I'm currently using the Super Hub 2 on M250 Fibre Broadband. 

As anyone else had this issue? And if so how did you fix it?

Much appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check first if there is a known issue in yiour location. Try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

I have he SH2 as well, but its always been in modem mode with my own router and wifi equipment. You could always try that option. Back in the day there were lots of posts regarding the SH2 having flaky wifi as it aged - so yours might have that disease

That Hub model is very old now and VM are keen to have them off the network. So call it in as a wifi fault for a Tech visit - the first thing the Tech will do is swap out that Hub for a newer Hub3/4/5 which ought to sort the wifi issue.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.