Menu
mark_a_carpente
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

WIFI issues

So for a while now I have been having issues with WIFI which have gotten worse. Used to be a reboot of the superhub would sort it out but recently the 5GHZ has stopped working, even a reset did not solve the problem. Basically every time you try and use it you get various error messages like "connected no internet" or "password may be incorrect" and just constant connecting and disconnecting. Everything will connect fine on 2.4GHZ which gives me about 50mb download speed which is plenty good enough for what I need so I went into the superhub settings and disabled the 5GHZ signal 

For some reason though it randomly keeps turning itself back on which you only know about when you suddenly start getting connection errors again. When I log into the superhub settings the 5GHZ is enabled along with the crap smart WIFI. It's done this twice now, any ideas why this would be happening ? is there some kind of software update or something being pushed to the hub which causes it to turn it back on? is there any way of somehow disabling 5GHZ permanantley ?

Ultimatley I guess I will need a new superhub at some point but I can live with only have 2.4GHZ I just don't want to have to keep going in and turning off the non working 5GHZ

0 Kudos
Sabtain7
Up to speed
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI issues

Personally I would recommend just ringing Virgin Media Customer Support and asking for a new hub to be sent out

If I Have Tried To Help You Hope It Helps:
I am fairly knowledgeable about technology in general and will try to help you to the best of my ability.

Sky World Customer (TV), Virgin Media Fibre Optic Gig1; Virgin Media Phone Package

Want To Contact Virgin Media's UK Call Centre?
Here's How:
STEP 1: Dial 150 (Virgin Landline) or 0345 454 1111 (Non Virgin Phone)
STEP 2: Option 1 for TV, Broadband or Home Phone

STEP 3: If The Number You Are Calling From Belongs To Your Virgin Media Account Select Option 1 If Not 2 (then enter the Virgin Media Home Number or press # then tap in Virgin Media Account Number
STEP 4: Select Option 4 - To Make Changes To Your Package Or Tell Us You Are Moving
STEP 5: Select Option 4 - If You Are Thinking Of Leaving Us
STEP 6: Select Option 2 - If You Are Thinking Of Leaving Us For Any Other Reason

UK Call Centre Times:
Mon - Fri 8am - 9pm
Sat - Sun - 9am - 6pm
0 Kudos