cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI issues yet again

mark_a_carpente
Dialled in

I have been dealing with ongoing WIFI issues for a while basically since the first lockdown. For the most part it's been just inconveniences usually related to the 5GHZ not actually working at all. I have renamed it so I know which one is which and disabled it on the hub. Every so often the WIFI stops working and usually when I log in to the hub 5GHZ signal has turned itself back on so I disable it again and hey presto the WIFI starts working. More recently though this has not been the case and I have been getting other other problems. Randomly I try to use the WIFI and will get the device constantly trying to connect and not being able to, getting stuck in a cycle of obtaining IP address then disconnecting and retrying or coming up password may be incorrect. If I reboot the hub it usually starts working again. Now I have started getting really appauling speeds despite rebooting the hub. For example tonight I am getting anywhere from 3-15mb download instead of the usual 35-40 and upload speeds of 10-20mb. I don't understand why the upload is higher than the download speed. A lot of of these issues were the same ones I used to get when trying to use the 5GHZ signal hence I disabled it as the 2.4GHZ is fast enough for my purposes but my concern is that the WIFI module or whatever it maybe that's built in to the hub is knackered and will basically just die before too long. Typically this happens right before Christmas when i'm more likely to want to use it. Fortunatley the hard wired connections work perfectly but that's not exactly ideal. How easy is it to get a replacement hub? Ideally I would want an engineer visit to swap it over and get everything up and running as the last time the hub I was sent was actually faulty, and I ended up having to waste a large amount of time on the phone going through various checks before someone finally agreed with me, and then I had to reconnect the old one and get them to reactivate it

1 REPLY 1

Client62
Legend

Is this a Hub 5 ?  

If Yes, 

1) the Hub 5 DHCP Server fails when the Wi-Fi SSID is changed from the factory option.
2) Using Hub 5 in modem mode and a 3rd party Router is the fix. ( a replacement Hub 5 will do exactly the same )