Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

WIFI boosters recommendation as the virgin one is poor.

As above i'm looking for any recommendations on other booster people are using as the virgin one is very poor. i'm on the top package and i'm getting 10Mbps. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI boosters recommendation as the virgin one is poor.

Depends on your budget could take a look at thread https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Good-router-for-hub-3-in-modem-mode/m-p/409...

Since rather than using the plugs attaching a wireless access point or router onto the hub

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Look at either a third party gigabit enabled router or a mesh system, the best ones for you are dependant on need and budget.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok thank you both for your response. If I go with for eg tp link ax6000 and I run the virgin hub in modem mode,does that mean the virgin hub does nothing and the WiFi will only come from the tp link.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

basically, or could leave the hub in router mode and turn on access point mode on the tplink, but if using such a 3rd party router would let the tplink deal with all features.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Essentially yes, the SH will still negotiate the connection to the network and the TPLink will take over the roles of the router and wireless.
Quite a few people have it set up like this as they tend to find a standalone router is more configurable than the SH