Menu
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI boosters free on Full House, but has started a new minimum term on contract

Hi Natalie_L At first the wifi booster struggled with 2 mobile devices connected to it, with all other devices connected via wifi or ethernet to the SH3. So I disconnected everything else and rebooted all devices, and then tried with just the two mobile devices connected to the booster. same problem. I know the electric cabling isn't an issue as ethernet extenders work perfectly well. It's the quality of the Wifi signal it broadcasts... No cameras or security systems connected... Please let me know if there's anything else that may help. D
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI boosters free on Full House, but has started a new minimum term on contract

Thank you D, I have been able to locate some suggestions from our help pages. 

-Check that all your Boosters are plugged directly into wall sockets and away from devices that use a lot of energy like tumble dryers and dishwashers
-Chargers for mobile phones and other devices chargers can also cause problems. Try using them in a different socket away from the Booster where possible
-Try not to use lots of Boosters in your home when you really need that speed
-Try a different wall socket. You'll find that some sockets work better than others, so try different ones in the same room until you find one you’re happy with
-If you’re having problems connecting a device to the WiFi Booster you could try moving to a different room and connecting the device from there
-You can run accurate speed tests to see if slowness is caused by old wiring or the distance between your Boosters

I do hope this helps.

Nat 

Nat
0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Nat, but none of the suggestions helped... I must say, the suggestion of moving to a different room to make a connection when these wifi boosters are recommended to resolve wifi black spots is ironic... My original post was to raise the issue of a new contract being set up without my knowledge because I requested the rubbish wifi extenders. That's no longer an.issue per above...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Can you clarify whether with the boosters and without the boosters, that you're experiencing the same issues in the rooms?

Is there any improvement at all?

You've probably done this but can you check that the Boosters are synced correctly?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa I think I understand your question: 1. Yes, there is of course an improvement – there is a wifi signal in a room which was a black spot before – however the wifi signal is not able to support devices with any reliability. I don’t think it can be claimed to have resolved the issue! 2. The issue is the strength of the wifi signal – it is difficult to do a Google search with only two mobile devices connected to it 3. The same applies in other rooms, though of course the signal improves the closer the booster gets to the hub! 4. There’s only one booster, it’s synced properly yes. All of my kit has also been rebooted. I’ve resolved the issue myself by using different extenders which work fine. I’m appreciative that this was a free extender – my original post was about the issue that by requesting it I had been tied into a new contract automatically without my agreement. That issue has also been resolved by me choosing to renew my Full House bundle and reduce my TV boxes from three to two – saving myself almost £30 a month in the process for basically the same package!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi studio_54

We'd like to access your account to take a closer look at this for you.

We'll send you a private message in a moment to get some account details.

Thank you. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks David_Pn, but what is it you want to take a closer look at? I've received your private message asking for account details and letters from my password, but you've haven't explained the reason why...
0 Kudos