Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

WIFI Slow

As of yesterday our wifi has gone incredibly slow, I have 100Mbps connection. and i am getting between 8 to 12 Mbps. i have done a reset. my son is getting 86 Mbps on his ps4 via ethernet. 

so the speed is there it must be a wifi problem. does anyone have a solution for this ?? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI Slow

Nowhere near enough information even to make a wild guess, can you answer a few questions please ...

WiFidevice that you are  connecting on WiFi ?

Location of device in relation to the Hub ?

Is the device running on 2.4GHz or 5GHz ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Its Ok all back to normal now. came back around 6AM this morning. Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ok so back to slow speeds again . also 2.4ghz drops every couple of days and needs a reset. This is on every device. Phone firestick laptop 5ghz. And 2.4fhz all dropping down to between 6 to 12Mbps. Like im being throttled or something . if this carrys on its got to be a isp change im thinking talk talk . any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

test with a wired connection if you are getting full speeds then its a local wifi problem. The best way to fix that is a better wifi router/AP of your own

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi deltadax, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I am sorry to read that the speeds have dropped again. 

I can see that @apcyberax has suggested a speed test via a wired connection. Once you have done this would you please post the results to this thread for me? 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Laptop wired. Have been getting no more than 20Mbps. All night Just checked again now 1020am and getting 85. And now getting 110Mbps again on firestick. It seems To be between. 5-6pm and 10am that speeds are dropping. ?? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. 

This may be due to peak times in your area. Could you monitor this over the next 48 hours and see if the issues only happen during those specified times? 

You may want to use a broadband quality monitor during the observation. 

Let us know the results and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Will do that. But i cant imagine peak times to be 3am 4am in the morning. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Probably time to set up a BQM at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal coming into the property, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos