Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

WIFI Question

We currently are a Ruckus company but we're looking at overhauling our network for the 2019 calendar year. New switches, APC units, and upgrading or moving to another wireless solution. When on a call with a vendor they mentioned moving to Aruba controllerless APs. Our environment consists of our main facility that has about 25 APs and 3 remote sites that have 3-4 APs. We currently run our Ruckus with two zone directors for HA. We're primary an HP company. Servers, switches, and now consider our WIFI. Do any of you have all three under HP / Aruba? If so is there some central management that would make managing all three products under one application? I think the vendor was trying to explain how HPE Systems Insight Manager could be used for all 3 products. Now our Ruckus environment just works. I inherited it but when we added WIFI to a new facility all I had to do was add the zone directors IP to the AP and approve the AP from web interface and assign it. So setup was a breeze. With these controllerless APs i'm assuming.. not so much. However we're talking less than 40 APs total.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI Question

Are you a Virgin Media customer?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI Question

I should take a look at Ubiquiti/Unifi equipment. Very easy to mange and no licences for their management software which is also free.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos