cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI Pod faulty

blueboxmedia
Tuning in

Hi, Our wifi pod stopped working last week. Spent over 1 hour on the phone to Tech Support. We have tried everything to get back working but think it has developed a fault.   They Were very helpful and tried to order another one but system was not letting her.  She phoned me back within the hour and tried again. Was meant to call me back Monday but have not had a call. If any Virgin Staff are can help that would be great?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

You should look at other ways to do wireless as VM are in over their heads with these pods so look at getting your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the reply. I'm guessing they are having issues then? My pod was full of dust, Guessing the thing is sucking in dust somehow and has over heated.

It has a fan in apparently.

No fan in the model I have. 

Do you have the new Hex shaped pods and if so does it have 2 Ethernet ports on it?

I only read this last week, I did not know they had a fan and still do not know for sure as I have one here.

Yes thats correct. I was a tester for them a while back. No fan in these. They do seem to attract lots of dust inside

I was tester also, I know the SuperPod (the model with 2 ports)  runs hot and made sense it would have  a fan in it and it may well do if its attracting so much dust.

I will try and find out for sure.