Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

WIFI PODS

VIRGINMEDIA emailed me to say:

"It’s true – you’ve been specially selected to try our all-new Intelligent WiFi Pods before they launch to the rest of our customers next year"

SPECIALLY 🧐

Well when I clicked on the link in their email, I received the following:

"We’re sorry you missed it There were only a limited number of places available on the trial, and they’ve all been taken. We’re sorry about that"

I guess Virginmedia,  I'm special but not as special as some others.

Come on Virginmedia - don't make statements that you can't deliver on.

Another own goal!!!!!

Comments??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI PODS

Comments... 

Snooze you lose

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not really. I pay too much for a less than average service.

Expected comment therefore.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Schnitzelstix wrote:

Not really. I pay too much for a less than average service.

Expected comment therefore.

Not if you’re including Wi-Fi in that “service”

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That email must be several months old? Once they had the maximum numbers they would have stopped signing other users up. My guess is that if they adopt the same model as BT have for their "Whole Home WiFi", then when launched, there will be an additional rental cost for customers. But that's just speculation.

If it's correct, you would be just as well getting your own better quality wireless equipment now, that will be yours to own and keep forever.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@jbrennand wrote:
That email must be several months old? Once they had the maximum numbers they would have stopped signing other users up. My guess is that if they adopt the same model as BT have for their "Whole Home WiFi", then when launched, there will be an additional rental cost for customers. But that's just speculation.

If it's correct, you would be just as well getting your own better quality wireless equipment now, that will be yours to own and keep forever.

Correct. The pods I believe are “Plume” pods and they are chargeable:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-intelligent-wifi-pods-faqs#FAQs

Your bill will show the ’Intelligent WiFi’ as a line item on your bill, along with the charges displayed when you signed up to the service

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi